Minister for Higher and Further Education; and Minister for Veterans
Graeme Dey was appointed as Minister for Higher and Further Education; and Minister for Veterans in March 2023.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Young Person’s Guarantee
- Developing the Young Workforce
- non-advanced vocational skills
- youth employment
- higher education and universities
- further education and colleges
- widening access
- Community Learning and Development (CLD)
- adult learning
- youth work
- student support
- qualifications and accreditation
- Skills Development Scotland
- international education strategy and a Scottish programme of exchange
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- veterans' support
- science and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
He is MSP for Angus South constituency.
He was born and raised in Aberdeen. After graduating, he pursued a career in journalism - working for the Dundee Courier as a sports journalist. He is married with two grown up children.
He was Minister for Transport from 2021 to 2022, having previously served as Minister for Parliamentary Business and Veterans from 2018 to 2021.
During his time as Minister for Transport, Graeme Dey worked on the roll-out of free bus travel for under-22s and plans to reduce car travel to meet climate targets.
- read more about Graeme Dey on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback