Lorna Slater was reappointed as Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity in March 2023.
Specific responsibilities are:
- green industrial strategy
- green skills
- circular economy, including the Deposit Return Scheme and waste issues
- Zero Waste Scotland
- nature recovery targets (including Natural Environment Bill)
- biodiversity (including endangered species)
- national parks and natural heritage
- plant health
- member of Cabinet Sub-Committee on Climate Emergency
She was born, raised and educated in Canada. She moved to Scotland in 2000 after earning a master's degree in engineering from the University of British Columbia.
Prior to being elected in 2021, Lorna worked as an engineer, and then a project manager in the renewables sector. During this time, she worked on the Orbital O2 project, the world's biggest floating tidal turbine.
Ms Slater has been a Member of the Scottish Parliament for Lothian since May 2021. She was elected as a co-leader of the Scottish Green Party in August 2019.
- read more about Lorna Slater on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback