Christina McKelvie was reappointed as the Minister for Equalities and Older People in May 2021.
Specific responsibilities are:
- diversity and inclusion
- older people equalities
- disability equalities, including the National Transitions to Adulthood Strategy
- racial equalities
- women and gender equalities
- gypsy traveller community
- LGBTI equality
- social isolation and loneliness
- carers and support
- religious and faith organisations
She previously worked as a learning and development officer for Glasgow City Council.
Born in Glasgow, Christina went to St Leonard's Secondary School and her studies included the University of St Andrews.
Christina, who has two sons, has been MSP for Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse since May 2011. She was previously MSP for Central Scotland and has been chair of the Equalities & Human Rights Committee.