Gillian Martin was appointed as Minister for Energy, Just Transition and Fair Work in February 2024.
Specific responsibilities are:
- energy policy and strategy
- energy consents
- carbon capture utilisation and storage
- industrial decarbonisation
- offshore wind, wave and tidal
- fuel poverty
- Just Transition planning, delivery, and monitoring including Just Transition Commission
- Green Growth Accelerator
- living wage and living hours
- employability programmes
- effective worker voice, incl. trade unions
- workplace employment and equalities incl. gender, disability and race employment, addressing the pay gap
- four-day working week
Gillian Martin grew up in Newburgh, Aberdeenshire. Prior to her role as an MSP, she lectured in Television Production at North East Scotland College and ran her own video production company. She also designed safety courses for the energy industry and was the manager of an emergency media response team for companies operating in the North Sea for 10 years.
Ms Martin was elected as a Member of the Scottish Parliament to represent Aberdeenshire East in 2016. She was appointed as Minister for Energy and the Environment in March 2023.
- read more about Gillian Martin on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback