Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development
Christina McKelvie was appointed as Minister for Culture, Europe and International Development in March 2023.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Constitution, External Affairs and Culture.
Specific responsibilities are:
- international development
- creative industries and supporting the creative workforce
- Youth Music Initiative and youth arts
- culture, community engagement and libraries
- Creative Scotland
- other arts including performing arts, literature and poetry
- Museums and Galleries Scotland and cultural collections
- Major events (including Edinburgh festivals) and Themed Years
- Historic Environment Scotland
- national performing companies
- UNESCO World Heritage/ Intangible Cultural heritage
She previously worked as a learning and development officer for Glasgow City Council.
Born in Glasgow, Christina went to St Leonard's Secondary School and her studies included the University of St Andrews.
Christina, who has two sons, has been MSP for Hamilton, Larkhall and Stonehouse since May 2011. She was previously MSP for Central Scotland and has been chair of the Equalities and Human Rights Committee.
- read more about Christina McKelvie on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback