Minister for Community Wealth and Public Finance
Tom Arthur was appointed as for Minister for Community Wealth and Public Finance in March 2023.
Supports the Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Finance.
Specific responsibilities are:
- community wealth and community empowerment
- public bodies policy
- public sector pensions
- Scottish Public Pensions Agency
- community wealth building
- cross government delivery of 20 minute neighbourhoods
- local governance review and democratic renewal
- budget revisions
- consumer protection – Consumer Scotland policy and advice
- social entrepreneurship and employee-owned businesses
- Registers of Scotland
- statutory debt management and debt relief, diligence and Accountant in Bankruptcy
- procurement shared services
- government procurement
Devolved taxes and Revenue Scotland
- non domestic rates
- council tax
- Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT), including Additional Dwelling Supplement (ADS)
- Scottish Landfill Tax
- Aggregates Levy
- Air Departure Tax
Born in Paisley in 1985, he was first elected to the Scottish Parliament for the seat of Renfrewshire South at the 2016 election, holding the seat in 2021. He joined the Scottish Government as Minister for Public Finance, Planning and Community Wealth in May 2021.
Mr Arthur was raised in Barrhead, East Renfrewshire, where he was educated at Cross Arthurlie Primary and Barrhead High School. He graduated with a Bachelor of Music then later Master of Music from the University of Glasgow. Before entering politics, he worked as a company director, freelance piano teacher and keyboardist.
- read more about Tom Arthur on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback