Ivan McKee was appointed Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise in May 2021.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and the Economy.
Specific responsibilities are:
- public sector procurement and property
- business, industry and manufacturing
- retail strategy
- tourism and hospitality
- life sciences
- international trade and export policy
- Scottish Green Ports
- economy national challenge competition
- regional economic forums
- social entrepreneurship and employee-owned businesses
- financial services and FinTech
His career has involved a number of senior roles in manufacturing and business, managing companies in the UK as well as Poland, Finland, Croatia and Bosnia.
Early in his career, Ivan spent two years with VSO in Bangladesh. He is currently a trustee of the charity CEI, which supports education and health projects in Bangladesh.
Ivan has been MSP for Glasgow Provan since May 2016. He was brought up in Glasgow where he studied at the University of Strathclyde. He also studied at the University of Newcastle.
He was previously the Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation.
- Read more about Ivan McKee on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback