Mairi Gougeon was appointed Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands in March 2023.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- cross government co-ordination on islands, inc island connectivity
- land reform and land use
- marine operations, science and compliance
- forestry and woodlands, inc Forestry and Land Scotland and Scottish Forestry
- food and drink supply chain
- Scottish Food Agency
- Scottish Land Commission
- Crown Estate Scotland
- Royal Botanic Garden
The First Minister has issued mandate letters to all Cabinet Secretaries highlighting how they will collectively deliver on the priorities set out in the Policy Prospectus during the financial year 2023 to 2024.
Mairi Gougeon was previously a councillor for Brechin and Edzell, during which she was chairwoman of the East of Scotland European Consortium.
She is a history graduate from the University of Aberdeen.
Mairi was elected as the MSP for Angus North and Mearns in May 2016. She was appointed Minister for Public Health and Sport in December 2020 and Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands in May 2021.
- Read more about Mairi Gougeon on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback