Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands
Mairi Gougeon was appointed Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Land Reform and Islands in March 2023.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- cross government co-ordination on islands, including island connectivity
- land reform and land use
- food and drink supply chain
- Scottish Food Agency
- fisheries and aquaculture
- forestry and woodlands, including Forestry and Land Scotland and Scottish Forestry
- fisheries and aquaculture policy, marine operations and science
- animal welfare, wildlife management and wildlife crime
- natural resources and peatland
- Scottish Land Commission
- Crown Estate Scotland
- Royal Botanic Garden
Mairi Gougeon was previously a councillor for Brechin and Edzell, during which she was chairwoman of the East of Scotland European Consortium.
She is a history graduate from the University of Aberdeen.
Mairi was elected as the MSP for Angus North and Mearns in May 2016. She was appointed Minister for Public Health and Sport in December 2020 and Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands in May 2021.
- Read more about Mairi Gougeon on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback