Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero and Just Transition
Màiri McAllan MSP was appointed as the Cabinet Secretary for Net Zero and Just Transition in March 2023.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- cross government co-ordination of net zero policy
- climate crisis and environmental protection
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- environmental quality
- sustainable development
- physical and marine environment
- flood prevention and coastal erosion
- water quality and Scottish Water
- Drinking Water Quality Regulator, private water, hydronation
- Just Transition planning and delivery, including the work of the Just Transition Commission
- co-ordination of sectoral Just Transition plans and monitoring framework
- Green Growth Accelerator
- green Jobs for the future
- low carbon economy
- Green Jobs Fund
- environmental and climate justice
- Just Transition Fund
- emissions trading schemes
- international climate change
- Heat and Energy Efficiency Scotland agency
- decarbonisation of buildings
- Minister for Transport
- Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity
- Minister for Zero Carbon Buildings, Active Travel and Tenants' Rights
Màiri McAllan is a former corporate lawyer and Special Adviser to the First Minister and was elected to the Scottish Parliament in 2021 to represent the constituency of Clydesdale.
Ms McAllan, while practising law, specialised in energy and natural resources in a large Glasgow firm. She also cofounded the human rights organisation ‘Reblaw Scotland’ during this time.
Ms McAllan was appointed Minister for Environment and Land Reform in May 2021.
- read more about Màiri McAllan on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback