Angela Constance was appointed as Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Home Affairs in March 2023.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- prison service, prison reform and prisoner policy
- Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP)
- courts and sentencing
- justice system and criminal law procedure
- criminal justice social work
- Office of Chief Social Work Advisor
- security and resilience (including SGoRR and cyber resilience)
- youth justice
- victim and witness support
- criminal injuries compensation
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- justice reform
- national community justice strategy
- violence against women and misogyny
- reducing reoffending
- offender services
The First Minister has issued mandate letters to all Cabinet Secretaries highlighting how they will collectively deliver on the priorities set out in the Policy Prospectus during the financial year 2023 to 2024.
Angela Constance was born, raised and educated in West Lothian. Prior to 2007, she worked as a social worker and mental health officer and was a local councillor in Livingston.
She has been a Member of the Scottish Parliament since May 2007, first for the Livingston constituency and now for the Almond Valley constituency.
She has served as Minister for Youth Employment and Cabinet Secretary for Training, Youth and Women's Employment, Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning and Cabinet Secretary for Communities, Social Security and Equalities. She was reappointed as the Minister for Drugs Policy in May 2021.
- Read more about Angela Constance on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback