Lucy O'Carroll joined the Scottish Government as Director of Taxation (subsequently Taxation and Fiscal Sustainability) in January 2019.
Oversees the Directorate of Taxation and Fiscal Sustainability.
The Director of Taxation and Fiscal Sustainability oversees the Directorate.
The Director is also a member of the following groups:
- Exchequer Board
- Economy Steering Group
- Social Contract Project Board
Before joining the Scottish Government, Lucy O'Carroll held a number of roles in the private sector, Bank of England and academia over a 25-year period:
- Chief Economist, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Head of International Economics, RBS, HBOS and Lloyds Banking Group
- Senior Economist at the Bank of England, working with the Monetary Policy Committee
- Lecturer in European and Environmental Economics at the University of Manchester.
She was born in Northern Ireland, brought up in Edinburgh and attended the University of Manchester, from where she has a PhD in Economics.