We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

Who can apply

Any individual, business or properly constituted group may apply, including public bodies and local authorities. The Scottish Government, Forestry Commission Scotland and Scottish Natural Heritage will not apply for funding, due to their role in administrating Rural Priorities.

Before applying you must obtain a BRN (Business Reference Number) - see the section on 'How to Apply' on the left-hand menu.

For land-based Options you must either

· own and occupy the land or

· hold the land under secure tenancy agreement for at least five years - see Land Ownership, Control and Withdrawal.

Payments are made to the successful applicants for costs that they have incurred in carrying out the Rural Development Contract. An applicant may not apply where the intention is to distribute RDC-RP funds to third parties.