Numbers of actions taken against local authority tenants have been collected annually through the Housing Statistics Annual Return, since 2001-02. The data collection form was expanded in 2009-10 to include Notices of Proceedings, technical evictions and breakdowns by reason for action (rent arrears or anti-social behaviour).
Types of action:
- Notices of Proceedings issued - 2009-10 onwards
- Cases proceeding to court
- Cases resulting in an eviction order
- Cases resulting in an abandoned dwelling
- Cases resulting in an eviction
- Post decree tenancy at same dwelling (technical eviction) - 2009-10 onwards