Mobile Client Device Framework (SP-15-011-1)
A single supplier framework for the provision of Mobile Client Devices and Associated Services.
What is in scope?
- Entry level laptop
- Corporate laptop
- Ultraportable laptop
All services associated with deployment of mobile client devices, together with a range of upgrades, downgrades and accessories.
What is out of scope?
- Desktop client devices
- Thin client devices
- Tablet devices
- Web based and proprietary devices
- Storage area networks
- Peripherals (which are not included at the point of order)
There are separate frameworks for Desktop, Web Based & Proprietary, Thin and Tablet Client Devices and IT Peripherals.
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
This contract was awarded following an OJEU procurement.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement can be established from the terms of the Contract Notice published on Public Contracts Scotland. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
- Savings: The product pricing is significantly lower than current market pricing.
- Ease of Use: This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations.
- Fixed pricing:· Pricing is fixed for the duration of the framework, providing budget certainty for public bodies.
- Product range: To provide flexibility and choice, the products are supplemented by a menu of upgrades, downgrades, accessories and services.
- Coverage: The framework is available to all Scottish public sector contracting authorities, regardless of size or geographical location.
- Environmental: To reduce the environmental impact of mobile computing, the latest energy efficiency and environmental accreditations were incorporated into the minimum specification.
- Transactional efficiencies:· The framework focusses on eProcurement, increasing transactional efficiencies for end users.
- Sustainability - the framework addresses the Scottish Government’s and Scottish public sector organisations’ aspirations with regard to ethical, social, economic, environmental and sustainability issues.
16 November 2015
15 November 2018
There is the option to extend by a further 12 months, giving a maximum contract duration of 4 years.
Contact and feedback to:
Karen Pow (ICT Senior Portfolio Specialist)
Phone: 0131 244 8121
Bryan Dodds (ICT Senior Portfolio Specialist)
Phone: 0131 244 6290
HP Inc. UK Limited
Erskine Ferry Road
Contract or Framework Agreement Guidance
Full product specifications and pricing details can be obtained from our secure stakeholder site Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this site and are eligible to use the framework please complete the attached template and send to email@example.com. A buyer's guide is also available from the HP Business to Business Portal. Organisations should contact the HP Account Team to register.
Contact named individuals above or HP direct:
Tel: 0203 564 1643
Organisations who are experiencing issues when using the framework should, in the first instance, escalate these by writing to HP Escalations. This mailbox should not be used for general enquiries.
Page updated: Friday, April 06, 2018