|Oct 2, 2010 || |
- Modification Order and Elections Order come into force
|Sept 22, 2010 || |
- Parliament approves draft Orders.
|Sept 15, 2010 || |
- Rural and Environment Committee considers draft Orders
|June 18, 2010 || |
- Modification Order and Elections Order laid in Parliament
|March 8, 2010 || |
- Draft Modification Order to modify Designation Order published for public consultation.
|Oct 26, 2009 || |
- Proposal to modify Designation Order published for public consultation.
|August, 19 2009 || |
- Scottish Ministers announce decision on National Parks Strategic Review Consultation.
|Feb 12, 2009 || |
- End of National Parks Review public consultation period
|Dec 2008 || |
- SNH submit report to Scottish Ministers on the proposal to extend the southern boundary of the Cairngorms National Park into Perth and Kinross
|Nov, 25 2008 || |
- National Parks Strategic Review Report published and public consultation on key findings and recommendations commences.
|Summer 2008 || |
- National Parks Review takes place.
|March 13, 2008 || |
- Scottish Ministers announce in Parliament their intention to modify the boundary and conduct a National Parks Review.
|January / February 2007 || |
- Parliament's Environment and Rural Development Committee consider a Cairngorms National Park Boundary Bill introduced by John Swinney MSP, proposing that the Southern boundary should be extended into Perth and Kinross.
Sep 1, 2003
- The National Park takes on its full operational powers and the Park is formally opened by Liz Hanna, the great great granddaughter of John Muir, the founder of National Parks.
Apr 15, 2003
- The Park Authority Board held its first meeting and Andrew Thin was appointed as Convener.
|Mar 25, 2003 || |
- The Cairngorms National Park was established.
|Feb/Mar 2003 || |
- Interviews carried out for membership of Cairngorm National Park Board.
|Jan 7, 2003 || |
- Designation and Election Orders came into force.
|Dec 12, 2002 || |
- The Designation and Election Orders for the National Park were approved by the Scottish Parliament.
|Dec 10, 2002 || |
- Draft Designation and Election Orders considered by the Rural Affairs Committee.
|Nov 14, 2002 || |
- The Orders to establish Cairngorms National Park tabled at Scottish Parliament.
|Sept 5, 2002 || |
- End of Consultation period for Draft Designation Order for Cairngorms National Park.
|May 2002 || |
- Having considered the Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) report, Ministers brought forward a draft Designation Order for consultation. Some 460 respondents commented on the Ministers' proposals. Changes to the draft Designation Order were subsequently made, principally to extend the area of the Park.
|Aug 2001 || |
- Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) report submitted to Scottish Ministers.
|Apr 13, 2001 || |
- End of consultation period.
|Sept 2000 || |
- Scottish Ministers made a formal proposal under section 2 of the National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000 for a National Park in the Cairngorms area. Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) were appointed as statutory reporters under section 3 of the 2000 Act.
|July 5, 2000 || |
- The National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000 was passed by the Scottish Parliament.
|Mar 21, 1995 || |
- The Cairngorms Partnership came into being to co-ordinate and implement a Management Strategy for the Cairngorms that would guarantee a sustainable future for the area.