We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

Tenant Information Pack (Revised 2016)


5 Further advice and support

General advice

Citizens Advice Scotland

Gives you details of your local Citizens Advice Bureau which can help with money, legal, consumer and other problems.

Tel: 0808 800 9060

Energy Saving Trust

Gives independent help and advice on how to save energy in the home.

Tel: 0800 512 012

Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)

Protects the interests of gas and electricity consumers.

Tel: 0141 331 2678

Housing advice

Shelter Scotland

Offers advice, information and advocacy to tenants in privately rented housing.

Tel: 0808 800 4444

Private Rented Housing Panel

Provides tenants with a way of enforcing the Repairing Standard and, for some tenancies, setting reasonable rents.

Tel: 0141 242 0142

Safety advice

Gas Safe Register

Offers gas safety advice and can take action to ensure that gas appliances in your property are safe.

Tel: 0800 408 5500

Health and Safety Executive

Provides a range of health and safety advice.

Electrical Safety Council

UK charity that provides electricity safety advice for the home.

Tel: 0131 445 4690

Landlord and letting agent representatives

Scottish Association of Landlords

Represents the interests of landlords and letting agencies in Scotland.

Tel: 0131 564 0100

Scottish Land and Estates

Represents the interests of rural landlords in Scotland.

Tel: 0131 653 5400

Landlord Accreditation Scotland

Provides you with information on accommodation which is managed by an accredited landlord.

Tel: 0131 553 2211

National Landlords Association

An association for private landlords in the UK.

Tel: 020 7840 8900

Association of Residential Letting Agents

An association for registered letting agents.

Tel: 0844 387 0555