Main findings for financial year 2015/16:
• Total staff in post is projected to increase by 1,032.0 WTE (up 0.8%).
• Medical (HCHS) staff projected to increase by 168.4 WTE (up 1.4%).
• Nursing and Midwifery is projected to increase by 641.9 WTE (up 1.1%), the largest WTE increase being projected in NHS Lothian (up 148.1 WTE, or 1.6%).
• Allied Health Profession job family is projected to increase by 263.2 WTE (up 2.4%). This is largely attributed to Ambulance Services Staff leaving to train as Paramedics which are classed in AHP.
• Administrative Services is projected to decrease by 27.6 WTE (down 0.1%).