We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

Tenant Information Pack


5 Further advice and support

General advice

Citizens Advice Scotland
Gives you details of your local Citizens Advice Bureau which can help with money, legal, consumer and other problems.
Tel: 0808 800 9060

Energy Saving Trust
Gives independent help and advice on how to save energy in the home.
Tel: 0800 512 012

Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
Protects the interests of gas and electricity consumers.
Tel: 0141 331 2678

Housing advice

Shelter Scotland
Offers advice, information and advocacy to tenants in privately rented housing.
Tel: 0808 800 4444

Private Rented Housing Panel
Provides tenants with a way of enforcing the Repairing Standard and, for some tenancies, setting reasonable rents.
Tel: 0141 242 0142

Safety advice

Gas Safe Register
Offers gas safety advice and can take action to ensure that gas appliances in your property are safe.
Tel: 0800 408 5500

Health and Safety Executive
Provides a range of health and safety advice.

Electrical Safety Council
UK charity that provides electricity safety advice for the home.
Tel: 0131 445 4690

Landlord and letting agent representatives

Scottish Association of Landlords
Represents the interests of landlords and letting agencies in Scotland.
Tel: 0131 564 0100

Scottish Land and Estates
Represents the interests of rural landlords in Scotland.
Tel: 0131 653 5400

Landlord Accreditation Scotland
Provides you with information on accommodation which is managed by an accredited landlord.
Tel: 0131 553 2211

National Landlords Association
An association for private landlords in the UK.
Tel: 020 7840 8900

Association of Residential Letting Agents
An association for registered letting agents.
Tel: 0844 387 0555