Free NHS dental treatment
You can get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:
- aged under 18;
- aged 18 and in full-time education;
- pregnant or have borne a child within the 12 months before treatment starts;
- an NHS in-patient and the treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist;
- an NHS Hospital Dental Service out-patient;*
- a Community Dental Service patient.*
* There may be a charge for dentures and bridges.
Or, if when the treatment starts or when the charge is made:
- you are getting, or your partner gets**:
Income Support, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (Contributory) and Disability Living Allowance do not count as they are not income-related), or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit;
- you are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate;
- you are named on a valid HC2 certificate issued under the terms of the NHS Low Income Scheme.
- if you are named on a valid HC3 certificate you might get some help towards the cost of your NHS dental treatment.
** You need to have been included or taken into account when the benefit was calculated.