1. Brander et al., 2015. The benefits to people of expanding Marine Protected Areas. IVM Institute for Environmental Studies.
2. McVittie, A., & Moran, D., 2008. Determining monetary values for use and non-use goods and services: Marine Biodiversity–primary valuation. Final Report to Defra.
3. This potentially large and irreversible societal cost avoided is presented within the benefits section of the ‘do designate’ scenario (option 2) to avoid double counting the same impact.
4. Priede, I.G. 2018. Deep-sea Fishes Literature Review. JNCC Report No. 619. JNCC, Peterborough. ISSN 0963-8091
5. Priede, I.G. 2018. Ibid.
6. Doggett, M., Baldock, B. & Goudge, H. 2018. A review of the distribution and ecological importance of seabed communities in the deep waters surrounding Scotland. JNCC Report No. 625, JNCC, Peterborough, ISSN 0963-8091.
7. Seafish, 2019. 2018 Employment in the UK Fishing Fleet. Available online at https://www.seafish.org/media/publications/Seafish_2018_employment_in_fleet_FINAL.pdf. Accessed 27 March 2019.
8. Seafish, 2018. Seafish Economic Analysis – UK Seafood Processing Sector Labour 2018. Available online at https://www.seafish.org/media/2018_seafood_processing_sector_labour_report.pdf. Accessed 27 March 2019.