1. Over the past eight weeks, the Scottish Government has worked with partners across the children's sector to understand the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and the lockdown on vulnerable children and families, and also to understand how services are responding. This activity is identifying critical themes and issues, and is informing strategy and service developments at a national and local level.
2. A commentary on the impact of the outbreak on vulnerable children in the initial weeks of the lockdown, was published by Government on 24 April.
3. An updated narrative was also circulated to local partnerships and national organisations on 24 April. Feedback from that, as well as new intelligence and the new weekly data set developed with SOLACE, have informed this further report.
4. A collective leadership group for senior leaders across the children's sector was established and met for the first time on 7 May, and it will report to the Deputy First Minister.
5. The leadership group considered this report at its meeting on 14 May.