Introduction References and notes
1. Scottish Budget Spending Review 2007, Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2007. [online] Available from:
2. National Performance Framework: Changes to the National Indicator Set, Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2012. [online] Available from:
5. Scottish Government/COSLA (2008). The Early Years Framework. Edinburgh: Scottish Government.
6. Press release accompanying the publication of the 2008 Chief Medical Officer's Annual Report.
7. Bromley, C., Bradshaw, P. and Given, L. [eds.] The 2008 Scottish Health Survey. Edinburgh, Scottish Government.
8. Bromley, C., Given, L. and Ormston, R. [eds.] The 2009 Scottish Health Survey. Edinburgh, Scottish Government.
9. Bromley, C., and Given, L. [eds.] The 2010 Scottish Health Survey. Edinburgh, Scottish Government.
10. See, for example: Marmot, M. (2010). Fair Society, Healthy Lives - The Marmot Review. London: Strategic Review of Health Inequalities in England post-2010. Available from:
11. Claussen, B., Davey Smith, G. and Thelle, D. (2003). Impact of childhood and adulthood socioeconomic position on cause specific mortality: the Oslo Mortality Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 57: 40-45.
12. Ben-Shlomo, Y. and Kuh, D (2002) A life course approach to chronic disease epidemiology: conceptual models, empirical challenges and interdisciplinary perspectives. International Journal of Epidemiology. 31, 285-293.
Email: Julie Ramsay