Appendix 2: The potential membership of an IMT
The membership of the IMT will vary depending on the nature of the incident. The
IMT Chair will decide on the composition of the IMT and invite members to attend.
The IMT would normally include:
- NHS Board chair (usually a Consultant in Public Health (Medicine));
- Health Protection Nurse Specialist;
- Local authority Environmental Health Officer;
- Specialist with expertise in the detection and characterisation of the hazardous agent involved in the incident e.g. a consultant microbiologist, public analyst;
- Infection Control Doctor and Infection Prevention and Control Team representative, if appropriate;
- Appropriate Health Protection Scotland / Public Health Scotland representation;
- Corporate communications officer;
- Administrative support;
- SG representative(s) (e.g. a nominated Senior Medical Officer, policy officer, SG liaison officer) may attend in an observer capacity;
- Others, as appropriately identified by other IMT members, from a wider partnership base (for example an IJB Chief Officer or representative).