THE NEXT SECTION PROVIDES INFORMATION AND LINKS TO THE SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE USED TO DEVELOP THIS ACTION GUIDANCE.
THE EVIDENCE BASE
The Antenatal Health Inequalities Working Group commissioned Health Scotland to carry out a rapid analysis of the evidence. The full Health Scotland report- ' Antenatal health inequalities: A rapid review of the evidence' can be accessed at www.healthscotland.com.
Health Scotland's review included the recently published NICE guidelines relating to socially complex pregnancies and the National Perinatal epidemiology report regarding infant mortality.
In addition the actions and key messages in this guidance are based on an extrapolation of evidence from the following sources:
- Background Information relating to Inequalities in Antenatal Care: http://www.isdscotland.org/isd/servlet/FileBuffer?namedFile=Information%20on%20Inequalities%20in%20Antenatal%20Care.doc&pContentDispositionType=attachment
- UK Child and Maternal Confidential Enquiries, to which Scotland contributes data; http://www.cmace.org.uk/
- Equally Well: http://www.scotland.gov.uk0cd55c8b-d5d6-4b5d-aac8-ea28400f15d7
- The Early years Framework: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/Early-years-framework
- Getting it Right for Every Child: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/childrensservices/girfec
- Achieving our Potential: http://www.scotland.gov.uk05d01a7c-3458-44dd-b457-73731ae3199d