10. Whilst the legislation uses the term 'appointed person' in this Circular the terms 'appointed person' and 'reporter' are interchangeable.
13. The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties)(Scotland) Regulations 2012 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2012/162/contents/made
14. The Scottish Government has introduced an evidence facility which may assist on demographic and other data. Information and guidance to consider when gathering and using equality evidence can be found at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Equality/Equalities .
17. As required by The Environmental Assessment (Scotland) Act 2005
18. The Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c) Regulations 1994, amended, SI 1994/2716 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/2716/contents/made
19. SI 1994/2716 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/2716/contents/made
20. Habitats Regulations Appraisal of Plans: Guidance for Plan-Making Bodies in Scotland (First published August 2010); Available on SNH's website at http://www.snh.gov.uk/protecting-scotlands-nature/protected-areas/international-designations/natura-sites/habitats-regulations-appraisal/
21. Regulation 69A applies the Habitats Regulations to core path plans
22. Available on the European Commission's website at
23. Opinion of Advocate General Kokott; European Court Case (Commission v UK, C6/04)
Email: Scottish Government Planning