- 26 Oct 2012
This consultation focused on five main themes which emerged from a Greener Homes Summit held in November 2011. These were:
- A national retrofit programme to tackle fuel poverty, make sure we reach the climate change milestones set for housing and enable Scottish households and businesses to get the full benefit from energy company and other investment.
- Standards - to consider the role that regulation could play, alongside incentives, in driving uptake of energy efficiency measures.
- Financial market transformation to create long-term change in perception among surveyors, lenders and consumers of the real value of low carbon, energy efficient homes.
- New build market transformation to maximise the potential of the innovative design and construction techniques being developed by Scottish companies to create greener homes and neighbourhoods, which will in turn create export and other economic opportunities.
- Skills and training to capitalise on opportunities to make Scotland a market-leader in providing and exporting low-carbon housing solutions.
These themes will be the basis for the final Sustainable Housing Strategy for Scotland, which will take account of responses to the consultation and will be published in 2013.