- 7 Jul 2020
Date received: 6 Jun 2020
Date responded: 1 Jul 2020
Data relating to Scottish school inspections.
Can I please have an easily accessible (Excel spreadsheet, .csv file etc) download of all of Education Scotland’s evaluations of schools' quality indicators on the six-point scale for all inspection reports available here: https://education.gov.scot/education-scotland/inspectionreports/ , please.
Could the information also include the following if available, please:
- SeedCode of each school
- Date of last inspection
- Date of next inspection
- Older evaluations than are on the education Scotland website, if available
We have provided the information that is available in the format you requested within the attached Excel spreadsheet, see Annex A.
Please note the following points in relation to the information provided:
- Over the period requested HM Inspectors of Education inspected schools using different quality improvement frameworks and different Quality Indicators. The information is organised to reflect this. The information is provided according to the year of inspection and the relevant inspection framework.
- The information provided relates to Quality Indicator grades for inspection reports that have been published up to 9 June 2020. It does not include Quality Indicator grades for schoolsinspected and the report was not published at that date.
- You requested older evaluations than are on the Education Scotland website, if available. We are able to provide you with data from April 2008 onwards in the format you have requested.
- You requested the date of next inspection. We are unable to provide this information under section 30(c) of FOISA as Education Scotland does not publish in advance the date of next inspection for individual schools. Schools are informed of an inspection 2½ weeks before the week of the inspection visit. The reason this exemption applies is explained in Annex B.
Further background information is provided in Annex C.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House