- 10 Jun 2020
Date received: 5 Mar 2020
Date responded: 4 Jun 2020
1. Standard Firewall (Network) - Firewall service protects your corporate Network from unauthorised access and other Internet security threats
2. Anti-virus Software Application - Anti-virus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and other malicious software like worms, trojans, adware, and more.
3. Microsoft Enterprise Agreement - is a volume licensing package offered by Microsoft.
The information I require is around the procurement side and we do not require any specifics (serial numbers, models, location) that could bring threat/harm to the organisation.
For each of the different types of cyber security services can you please provide me with:
1. Who is the existing supplier for this contract?
2. What does the organisation annual spend for each of contract?
3. What is the description of the services provided for each contract? Please do not just state firewall.
4. Primary Brand (ONLY APPLIES TO CONTRACT 1&2)
5. What is the expiry date of each contract?
6. What is the start date of each contract?
7. What is the contract duration of contract?
8. The responsible contract officer for each of the contracts above? Full name, job title, contact number and direct email address.
9. Number of Licenses (ONLY APPLIES TO CONTRACT 3)
Transport Scotland have no contracts for firewall services. However, we do have arrangements for anti-virus software and volume licensing, and I will address each of your specific questions in relation to these contracts in turn.
1. Supplier: AVG;
2. Annual Spend: £302.19 ex VAT;
3. Service Description: AVG Internet Security Business Edition - 20 licences;
4. Primary Brand: AVG;
5. Expiry Date: 28/3/22
6. Start Date: 29/3/20;
7. Duration: 2 years;
8. Responsible Officer: Stephen Kelly - ICT Manager - 0141 272 7142 -
Supplier: Microsoft through Softcat (UK);
Annual Spend: £2928.39 ex VAT in Financial Year 2019/20;
Service Description: Microsoft Select Plus;
Primary Brand: N/A;
Expiry Date: In perpetuity for Microsoft. Onus to purchase licences through Softcat (UK) is covered by a framework contract explained at https://www.gov.scot/publications/software-value-added-re-seller-framework/,
Start Date: 7/3/19;
Duration: In perpetuity;
Responsible Officer: Stephen Kelly - ICT Manager - 0141 272 7142 -
No of Licences: In the last financial year, we have purchased: 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Services Client Access licences; 1 x Office 2019 Standard licence; 1 x Windows 10 Pro licence; 3 x Azure cloud subscriptions
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House