- 21 Jul 2020
Date received: 30 Mar 2020
Date responded: 29 Jun 2020
1. Provide details of the number of briefings attended by members of the Scottish Government, including MSPs and their staff, to discuss the UK Government’s plan to build either a bridge or tunnel from Scotland to Northern Ireland from 1 August 2019 to 30 March 2020?
2. List these in chronological order and also provide details of how many Scottish Government staff attended these briefings from 1 August 2019 to 30 March 2020?
3. Provide details of the correspondence that has taken place between Scottish Government officials, including MSPs and their staff - i.e. relevant emails or letters - in connection with the plan for a bridge or tunnel from Scotland to Northern Ireland from 1 August 2019 to 30 March 2020?
I enclose a copy of some of the information you requested.
1. The Scottish Government have had three separate meetings/discussions where a Scotland to Northern Ireland fixed link was mentioned between 1 August 2019 to 30 March 2020, in addition, three separate briefings have also been circulated.
2. The meetings/discussions and briefings are listed in chronological order, please note that briefings and meeting/discussions do not necessarily correlate.
The Staff in attendance who participated in discussions surrounding a Scotland to Northern Ireland Fixed-Link are listed in the table attached
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House