- 30 Mar 2020
Date received: 1 Mar 2020
Date responded: 26 Mar 2020
- Scottish Government total funding (drawn down and promised for the future) for Adoption UK
- Scotland to deliver the FASD Hub Scotland detailed by year.Scottish Government total funding (drawn down and promised for the future) for Adoption UK
- Scotland for FASD purposes other than the FASD Hub Scotland and what those purposes are detailed by year?
- Is the Scottish Government funding Adoption UK Scotland and/or FASD Hub Scotland staff to attend the Vancouver FASD conference in April 2020?
- What is the FASD spend (drawn down and promised for the future) from Scottish Government across health, education, criminal justice, social services, employability and third sector organisations (other than Adoption UK Scotland) detailed by year. Please detail out these third sector organisations. How much of this spend was for prevention/service development/research?
- Who is the current FASD advisor(s)to the Scottish Government?
- What performance measures do the Scottish Government have in place for FASD?
The answers to your questions are outlined below.
- Adoption UK has received £140,000 in the 2019/20 financial year to undertake FASD Hub Scotland and an additional £17,000 to extend the Hub’s services to birth families.. We are currently awaiting a submission from Adoption UK to agree spend for 2020/21.
- No funding was awarded to Adoption UK for purposes other than undertaking the FASD Hub Scotland.
- Scottish Government is not funding Adoption UK and/or FASD Hub Scotland staff to attend the Vancouver FASD conference in April 2020.
- Scottis Government has funded the Fetal Alcohol Advisory and Support Team (FAAST) as follows:
|Financial Years||Amount (£)|
- The Fetal Alcohol Advisory and Support Team (FAAST) is funded by Scottish Government to deliver training locally and nationally to improve knowledge, attitudes and confidence in professionals working with individuals with FASD. The team also develops FASD knowledge and supports within generic services, both locally and nationally, to aid work on FASD prevention, identification and support in Scotland.
- We are awaiting a submission from FAAST to agree future funding.
- Scottish Government has also awarded a total of £110,000 to six health boards in 2019/20 as part of the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Programme for Government - 3rd Sector Partnership Funding as follows:
|Health Board||Amount Funded|
|NHS Ayrshire and Arran||£15,000|
|NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde||£20,000|
|NHS Western Isles||£15,000|
- The current FASD advisers to the Scottish Government is the Fetal Alcohol Advisory and Support Team (FAAST).
- Progress is measured according to the Scottish Government’s Alcohol Framework 2018. FASD is included in Action 18: https://www.gov.scot/publications/alcohol-framework-2018-preventingharm-next-steps-changing-relationship-alcohol/
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House