- 19 Sep 2019
Date received: 23 Aug 2019
Date responded: 17 Sep 2019
You asked for information that relates to the organisation’s contracts around ICT contract(s) for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation Licenses and Maintenance and Storage Area Network (SAN) Maintenance/Support, which may include:
· Server Hardware Maintenance- contracts relating to the support and maintenance of the organisation’s physical servers.
· Virtualisation Maintenance/Support/ Licensing (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
· Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support (EMC, NetApp etc)
For each of the type of contract described above, please can you provide me with the following data. If there is more than one contract please split the information for each separate supplier this includes annual spend
1. Contract Title: Please provide me with the contract title.
2. Type of Contracts (ABOVE): Please can you provide me with one or more contract types the contract relate to: Server Hardware, Virtualisation, SAN (Storage Area Network)
3. Existing/Current Supplier: Please provide me with the supplier name for each contract.
4. Brand: Please state the brand of hardware or software
5. Operating System / Software (Platform): (Windows, Linux, Unix, vSphere, AIX, Solaris etc.) Please state the operating system used by the organisation.
6. Annual Average Spend: Please provide me with the most recent annual spend for this contract?
7. Contract Duration: (Please can you also include notes if the contract includes any contract Extension periods.)
8. Contract Expiry Date: Please can you provide me with the date of when the contract expires.
9. Contract Review Date: (An approximate date of when the organisation is planning to review this particular contract.)
10. Purchase of Servers: Could you please provide me with the month and year in which most/bulk of servers where purchased.
11. Number of Physical Server: Please can you provide me with the number of physical servers.
12. Number of Virtual Servers: Please can you provide me with the number of Virtual servers’ servers.
13. Brief Contract Description: I require a brief description of the service provided under this contract. Please do not just put maintenance I need at least a sentence.
14. Contract Owner: (The person from within the organisation that is responsible for reviewing and renewing this particular contract. Please include their full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.)
If this service is part of a managed contract please can you send me the contract information for this managed service including Hardware Brand, Number of Users, Operating System, and contact details of the internal contact responsible for this contract
I enclose a copy of most of the information you requested. Whilst our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide the names of internal contacts because an exemption under section 38(1) of FOISA applies to all of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The information set out in our response is for core Scottish Government systems only and does not include Agencies and NDPBs. The attachment is split into three separate areas for Information and Technology Services (iTECS), Agriculture and Rural Economy (ARE) and Marine Scotland Science (MSS). Marine Scotland Compliance and Fisheries department equipment is included within the iTECS and ARE information.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House