Based on the findings, we suggest the following actions to support continued scale-up, spread and sustainability.
- Recommendation 1: Produce for each clinical specialty 'rules of thumb' for what kind of clinical conditions and encounters are generally safe for video consultations.
- Recommendation 2: Basic training and multiple try-out opportunities for staff and patients.
- Recommendation 3: Develop and disseminate analysis of system-level evidence about potential financial savings from Attend Anywhere.
- Recommendation 4: Identify and address clinical and care governance and safeguarding issues.
- Recommendation 5: Working with professional networks, disseminate stories of up-and-running services.
- Recommendation 6: Communicate the "gaining a service" narrative.
- Recommendation 7: Assign and support local champions.
- Recommendation 8: Provide set-up support for ready-to-roll sites, paying careful attention to routines between participating sites.
- Recommendation 9: A Quality Improvement Collaborative to maximise inter-site learning.
- Recommendation 10: Implement a consistent national branding for the video consultation service across the country.