- 13 Oct 2020
Purpose of Board
The PPE Strategy and Governance Board
- is accountable for delivering the PPE Sustainability Strategy across all sectors in Scotland
- is accountable to Scottish Minsters to provide assurance on the supply and demand of PPE
- manages ministerial aspirations to have an indigenous supply of PPE
Role and remit of board
The PPE Strategy and Governance Board will:
- provide collective leadership and expertise to shape and guide the delivery of the PPE Sustainability Strategy
- monitor the implementation of the PPE Sustainability Strategy progress using regular status reports, ensuring the programme remains on track
- approve all PPE Sustainability Strategy implementation documentation including the risk and issue register and resolve or escalate risks and issues as appropriate
- progress niche pieces of work in support of the weekly Mr McKee meeting
- recognise and support where appropriate, indigenous Make opportunities to support Scotland Economic recovery
- collaborate to produce PPE demand usage signals across all sectors
Membership and attendees
The composition of the PPE Strategy and Governance Board will be as follows:
- Caroline Jack (Chair), Deputy Director, PPE Division, SG, Scottish Government
- Julie Welsh, Chief Executive, Scotland Excel
- Gordon Beattie, Director of National Procurement, Commissioning and Facilities, NHS National Services Scotland
- David Leven, Head of High Value Manufacturing, Scottish Enterprise
- Nick Ford, Director of Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate, Scottish Government
- Richard McCallum, Director of Health Finance, Corporate Governance and Value Directorate, Scottish Government
- Dermot Rhatigan, Deputy Director for Manufacturing and Industries, Scottish Government
- Colin MacBean, Deputy Director of Enterprise and Innovation, Scottish Government
- Chris Dunne, Head of Operations and Assurance Unit, Early Learning and Childcare, Scottish Government
- Catriona Dalrymple, Directorate for Justice, Scottish Government
- Alison Bell, Head of Cross-Cutting Policy Team, PPE Division, Scottish Government
- Fiona Bennett, Head of Data Management, PPE Division, Scottish Government
- Jayne Sledmore (Secretariat), Business Manager, PPE Division, Scottish Government
Additional subject matter experts will be invited to join the PPE Strategy and Governance Board as and when required to provide information, advice and guidance and/or to report progress on specific items.
A quorum will consist of the Chair and a minimum of half of the membership listed above. Deputies can be provided to represent any of the members and it will be the responsibility of the member to ensure that the deputy is appropriately briefed and provided with relevant papers.
Caroline Jack will chair the Board and can nominate a deputy in her absence.
All decisions made by the PPE Strategy andGovernance Board will be recorded in the minutes. In circumstances where the group is unable to reach a consensus, the Chair has the authority as the person accountable for the delivery of the PPE Sustainability Strategy to make the final decision.
PPE Strategy and Governance Board meetings shall take place virtually via Vscene, every two weeks. Should the need arise, the PPE Strategy and Governance Board will meet on a more frequent basis.
Minutes/action notes, agendas and papers
The agenda and papers for each meeting of the PPE Strategy and Governance Board will be distributed at least two days prior to each meeting.
All minutes and action notes will be circulated no later than seven working days after each meeting. Minutes will be drafted by the Secretariat and agreed by the Chair.
The initial lifespan of the PPE Strategy and Governance Board is until April 2021 at which point the remit and terms of reference of the Board will be reviewed.
Behaviours and values
Members agree to lead this work by setting a good example of collaborative working. Specifically this should include:
- we will be respectful towards each other
- we recognise that challenge can be positive and we will challenge constructively
- we will share information freely, respecting confidentiality
- we will always try to attend these meetings personally and only nominate a deputy who has the authority to act on our behalf as a core member
- decisions will be made whether everyone is at a Board meeting or not and we will support the decision providing a quorum is reached
- we will speak with one voice outside of meetings
|Version||Date||Summary of changes||Name|
|0.1||27 August 2020||First draft||Jayne Sledmore|
|1.0||3 September 2020||Final version||PPE strategy and governance board|
|2.0||5 October 2020||Membership updated||Jayne Sledmore|