Mother and baby groups (12 months and under)
Recognising the particular needs of babies and infants, this guidance now sets out the maximum number of adults who can attend indoor parent/baby groups and associated organised activities at any one time. As of 5 October and subject to content of this guidance and the following conditions being met, the maximum number of adults who can attend has been set to 10:
- where all children in the group are less than 12 months old
- where the space allows for appropriate physical distancing measures to be in place as set out in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phase 3: staying safe and protecting others
- where face coverings are worn at all times, except when sitting down (excluding under 5’s)
- where the service provider can meet all the relevant health and safety criteria and can comply with any specific conditions set out by the venue provider at all times
- where the duration of the activity is kept to a minimum and other blended delivery options are considered including use of outside space, digital delivery, frequency of activity
- where group attendees and facilitators, as far as possible, are kept consistent and do not change regularly
Babies would not count for total numbers or households taking part. Siblings under 5 can also attend, where unavoidable, and would not count towards total numbers or households for these activities only.
For indoor organised activities for children aged over 12 months, the maximum number of adults remains at 5.
We have updated the relevant sections in this guidance to reflect this change.