Good to Go standard
The Good to Go initiative is a proposed industry standard designed by VisitBritain with engagement from VisitScotland and VisitWales. It aims to give confidence to businesses, visitors and communities of high standards of compliance and hygiene in tourism establishments. It is a self-certification scheme through an online portal, backed up by spot checks and supported by a call-centre facility to answer questions from businesses and the public. It is due to launch shortly and links will be updated when live.
Scottish Government advice and support
- Summary of COVID-19 developments in Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): framework for decision making
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): framework for decision making – Scotland’s route map through and out of the crisis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): business and physical distancing guidance
- Further guidance on physical distancing can be found on NHS inform
- Advice on substantive support packages available for business and their employees
- Guidance on childcare and for key workers
- COVID-19 information and guidance for general (non-healthcare) settings
- a list of Scottish Procurement Policy Notes (SPPNs) can be found on gov.scot
- SPPN 4/2020 covers procurement related issues as a consequence of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- SPPN 5/2020 sets out guidance for public bodies on options for payment to their suppliers to ensure service continuity during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
- Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020
- Coronavirus (Scotland)(No. 2) Act 2020
- Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020
Fair Work during the COVID-19 crisis
- see our Joint Statement with the STUC
Other sources of COVID-19 information
UK Government guidance on working safely during COVID-19 in different workplaces
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have provided advice related to COVID-19.
Further detailed guidance on security can be found at Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure and National Counter Terrorism Security Office.
To contact Police Scotland for Protective Security advice, please contact your local Counter Terrorism Security Adviser: