Interview Schedule for profession interviews
Interview Schedule (professionals)
- Can you tell me about your experience of working with trafficked children?
- How would you define a young person who has been trafficked/a trafficking victim?
- What training have you participated in? Who has provided the training? (in relation to identifying young people who have been trafficking, responding to needs and accessing NRM system?)
- Can you tell me about your understanding of children's journeys? (geographical, spatial and social)
- What is your experience of the National Referral Mechanism?
- (specific to social work, police, border force) What is your experience of information sharing between competent authorities and first responders?
- What is your experience of multi-agency working for known or suspected child trafficking cases?
- Can you tell me about your opinions of the risk and needs of children and young people who have been trafficked?
- What are your views of local and national policy and guidance?
- Have you experienced any challenges with the present system? (if so, can you say a bit more?)
- Can you describe some positive and good practice in your experience?
- What are your views of the children's hearing system support for victims of trafficking (from abroad)?
- What are your experiences of county lines and/or crossing borders? – has county lines been an issue across your area?
- Any other issues to discuss
- (if interviewing police or social work) Would you allow us to identify you as a first responder? (all anonymised)
Interview Schedule for young people
Young Person Interview Schedule
- Can you tell me which agencies/organisations have been supporting you in Scotland?
- Which have been most helpful to you?
- Can you tell me about a good experience you've had with a worker/service?
- Which have been least helpful to you?
- Do you think there are any challenges/anything that makes it difficult for you to access support when you have needed it?
- What differences would you like to see in the services you receive? (Maybe two to three areas where there could be improvements)
- What key messages would you want to give to other workers/services who work with young people who have had similar experiences to you?
- Anything else you'd like to add?