This consultation seeks public views on policy proposals for taking forward proposals to publish information about controlling interests in land owners and tenants. The Scottish Government has identified a number of issues that are being considered and need to be resolved in developing the regulations to deliver a register of controlling interests, these include:
• The definition of a “controlling interest” in relation to a controlling interest in a land owner or tenant;
• The scope of the regulations, the type of land they will apply to and the persons to whom the regulations will apply;
• Where the information about persons with controlling interests in land owners and tenants should be held;
• The information to be disclosed about persons with controlling interests in land owners and tenants;
• The duty to provide the information, and the associated sanctions and enforcement arrangements;
• The process for challenging the information that ultimately appears on the register, or any refusal to disclose information; and
• Any (limited) exemptions from disclosure that should be provided for under the regulations.