Telephone: +44 (0)1224 295426
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Marine Scotland, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, Scotland, UK
I am interested in coastal and inshore oceanography, observational and dynamical physical oceanography, aquaculture issues especially related to circulation and fjord oceanography, as well as high latitudes with a focus on fluxes from the Arctic to the North Atlantic Ocean.
I collaborate with scientists across the UK, Europe, USA, Canada and Chile. I collaborate with the University of Aberdeen where I am an Honorary Research Fellow in the School of Biological Sciences. Through my PhD work I am still collaborating with international colleagues on Arctic freshwater fluxes.
External Committees and Responsibilities
I have been a reviewer for peer-reviewed journals and proposals for the US National Science Foundation. I guest lecture to MSc students at the University of Aberdeen. I am also a STEM Ambassador and am involved in Science Grrls in Aberdeen.
Most Recent Publications
- Salama, N.K.G. and B. Rabe, 2013: Developing models for investigating the environmental transmission of disease-causing agents within open-cage salmon aquaculture. Aquaculture Environment Interactions, 4, 91-115.
- Salama, N.K.G., C.M. Collins, J.G. Fraser, J. Dunn, C.C. Pert, A.G. Murray and B. Rabe, 2013: Development and assessment of a biophysical dispersal model for sea lice. Journal of Fish Diseases. 36, 323 – 337, doi: 10.1111/jfd.12065.
- Rabe, B., H. L. Johnson, A. Münchow and H. Melling, 2012: Geostrophic Ocean Currents and Freshwater Fluxes Across the Canadian Polar Shelf Via Nares Strait. Journal of Marine Research, 70, 603 – 640.
- Greathead, C., E. Guirey and B. Rabe, 2012: Development of a GIS based Aquaculture Decision Support Tool (ADST) to determine the potential impacts associated with the expansion of salmon farming in Scottish sea lochs. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science, 3 (6).
- Münchow, A., K. K. Falkner, H. Melling, B. Rabe and H. L. Johnson, 2011: Ocean Warming of Nares Strait Bottom Waters off Northwest Greenland, 2003-2009. Oceanography, 24 (3), 114-123.