Telephone: +44 (0)131 244 3528
Address: Marine Scotland, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, Scotland, UK
My current research in mainly concerned with detecting impacts in the marine environment, how spatial planning can alleviate this pressure, and how environmental pressures, such as climate change, act upon the life history traits of various fish populations. Currently, my main work is in support of the Scottish MPA project.
I collaborate with scientists across the UK, Europe and North America, including within ICES. My current collaborations are with the Universities of Aberdeen and the University of Strathclyde.
External Committees and Responsibilities
I am responsible for the Scottish Marine Science Strategy and for marine science alignment across the UK. I provide advice to both the Scottish and UK Governments and to International Fora such as OSPAR.
Most Recent Publications
- Boulcott P., Millar, C. & Fryer R.J. (accepted 2013) Impact of scallop dredging on benthic epifauna in a mixed substrate habitat: a study from Firth of Lorne.
- Boulcott P. & Howell T.R.W (2011) The impact of scallop dredging on rocky-reef substrata. Fisheries Research, 110, 415– 420.
- Boulcott, P. and Wright, P. J. (2011) Variation in fecundity in the lesser sandeel: implications for regional management. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, 91: 1273-1280.
- Dale A.C., Boulcott P. & Sherwin T.J. (2011) The impact of sediment from scallop dredging in a physically dynamic environment. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 62, 2433–2441.
- Boulcott P. & Wright P.J. (2011) Variation in fecundity in the lesser sandeel: implications for regional management. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, 91, 1273-1280.