Telephone: +44 (0)131 244 3224
E-mail: P.J.Wright@marlab.ac.uk (main address) or Peter.Wright@gov.scot
Marine Scotland Science, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, Scotland, UK
My key research interests are in population connectivity, fish reproductive biology, climate effects on fish populations and the application of otoliths in the study of early fish life history. Currently, my main work is in support of the Scottish MPA project and fish conservation measures.
I collaborate with scientists across the UK, Europe and North America, including within ICES and NAFO working groups and EU funded projects. My current collaborations are with the Universities of Aberdeen, Glasgow and Stirling, the Danish Technical University and DFO, Canada.
External Committees and Responsibilities
UK representative ICES Science Committee, Board member Scottish MPA project (representing MSS)
Former chair of STECF and ICES working groups on sandeel fisheries ; Cell co-ordinator European Fish Ageing Network, Member of NAFO and COST working groups on Reproductive potential, Editorial board of Journal of Fish Biology and former Council Member of Fisheries Society of the British Isles.
Most Recent Publications
- Holmes, S., Millar, C., Fryer, R., and Wright, P.J. 2014. Gadoid dynamics: differing perceptions when contrasting stock versus population trends and its implications to management. ICES Journal of Marine Science. doi:10.1093/icesjms/fsu075
- Neat, F., Pinto, C., Burrett, I., Cowie, L., Travis, J., Thorburn, J., Gibb, F., Wright, PJ. 2014. Site-fidelity, survival and conservation options for the threatened flapper skate (Dipturus intermedia). Aquatic Conservation Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems.DOI: 10.1002/aqc.2472
- Wright, P.J. 2013. Methodological challenges to examining the causes of variation in stock reproductive potential. Fisheries Research, 138: 14 - 22.
- Wright, P.J., Tobin, D 2013 Maturation differences between sub-stocks of haddock, Melanogrammus aeglefinus. Marine Biology, 160: 231-239.
- Wright, P. 2014. Are there useful life history indicators of stock recovery rate in gadoids? ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI:10.1093/icesjms/fsu100
For further information on research interests go to ResearchGate.