To assist with the use of the freely available programmes required to view the software available on this site, we have produced a number of training videos. We suggest that earphones are used to hear the audio dialogue when viewing the files.
- How to open Arc Layer Packages (.lpk), KMZ/KML files (.kmz/kml), Shape files (.shp) and Geodatabases (.gdb) into ArcGis Explorer ( .flv)
- How to open .SD files into iView4D ( .flv)
- How to open .KMZ/.KML files in Google Earth ( .flv)
- How to query a Geodatabase in ArcGis Explorer ( .flv)
Links to free software for downloading:
- Google Earth: reads KML/KMZ files.
- ArcGIS Explorer: reads ArcGIS layer packages (.lpk), Shape files (.shp), KMZ/KML files, Geodatabases (.gdb) and Geotiffs (.tiff).
- iView4D: reads SD files.
- Easy View: reads CSAR files.
Page updated: Thursday, September 25, 2014