A management Steering Group was established (hereafter referred to as the Steering Group). This Steering Group includes representatives of Marine Scotland Science, Policy and Licensing, the wild fisheries sector and wave, wind and tidal renewable energy sectors. The overall aims of the Steering Group are to oversee the NRMSD, strengthen communications and promote shared understanding of research and monitoring requirements among stakeholders.
The specific remit of the Steering Group is to:
- Ensure that all of the relevant issues and perspectives from the stakeholders have been identified.
- Provide a summary of the priority areas of research and monitoring requirements, recommendations and proposals on behalf of the stakeholders.
- Provide advice in relation to wider stakeholder engagement and consultation activities for taking the NRMSD forward.
- To investigate and facilitate the provision of adequate resources to deliver the agreed NRMSD work packages and resulting outcomes.
- To explore the integration of the proposed research with other relevant sectors.
Steering Group Minutes
Dates of Previous Steering Group Meetings
Date of Next Steering Group Meeting
The stakeholder meetings and associated Steering Group have prioritised research and monitoring in line with the views of relevant stakeholders. Emergent priorities are now being included in an NRMSD which also highlights where funding has been committed. Engagement will be maintained with the Steering Group and individual stakeholders to ensure a focused and cohesive approach in this rapidly advancing area.