The fifth workshop took place on the 27th and 28th June 2012 at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, and a Report on the workshop is now available:
The Workshop 5 documents will remain available on this page for
- The Workshop Guide (available at the bottom of this page).
- Assessment of Contribution to the MPA Network overview report (available at the bottom of this page).
- Draft definitions of Conservation Objectives: Conserve and Recover (available at the bottom of this page) to be read alongside the Case Study documents.
- Timetable of presentations, discussion and group work over the two days (available at the bottom of this page).
- Map and accompanying summary table that will be presented at the workshop of the suite of MPA search locations, potential areas based on more detailed application of the guidelines and options for MPAs expected to make a contribution to the MPA network (available at the bottom of this page).
Links were provided in preparation for the Workshop to
- Draft Fisheries Guidance on example features for discussion.
- Case Study documents for Central Fladen, and Small Isles . The Skye to Mull and South Arran case studies presented the Data Confidence and Management Options documents only as examples of search locations where more work was required to progress it further.
- Central Fladen and Small Isles however contained the following example consultation documents:
- Consultation Document
- Detailed Application of the MPA Selection Guidelines
- Data Confidence Assessment
- Management Options and Advice
- Stage 5 example assessments by feature - Examples were available for Burrowed Mud, Continental slope, Deep Sea Sponge Aggregations, Fan Mussel Aggregations, Flame Shell Beds, Northern Feather Star Aggregations On Mixed Substrata and Offshore Subtidal Sands and Gravels.