A Fish Health Inspector acts as Duty Inspector (DI) during office hours every day from Monday to Friday. The DI is responsible for responding to queries received via phone or the Fish Health mailbox (contact details below), providing advice on fish health matters to industry, civil service colleagues and members of the public. This includes queries relating to:
- applications for permission to move live fish subject to movement restrictions, including live fish for harvest
- applications for a licence to import live aquaculture animals and their products
- preparation of export certificates
- notifications of suspicion of a notifiable disease of fish or shellfish
- notifications of escapes of fish from fish farms
- registration of new fish or shellfish farming businesses or sites, or changes to the details of existing businesses
- sampling of fish and shellfish forwarded to Marine Scotland Marine Laboratory for disease diagnosis
If the DI cannot answer your query personally, he or she will make a note of it and either contact you as soon as possible with a reply, or your query will be passed to someone who can help you.
The DI is responsible for ongoing cases in the absence of the case inspector including notifying fish farmers of laboratory test results from samples taken from their farm and any further actions as necessary.
Tel: +44 (0) 131 244 3498
Fax: +44 (0) 131 244 0944
|Fish Health Inspectorate |
375 Victoria Road
| || |
If an urgent matter arises outside normal office hours, you can telephone the Marine Scotland Science (MSS) switchboard on +44 (0)131 244 1833. The officer on duty will contact an inspector to help you.