The Steering Group has been established to oversee the range of monitoring and evaluation activity which will help ensure that information is available in a timely fashion to not only meet the reporting requirements of the EC, but to inform future decisions on the programme.
The remit of the group is as follows:
- Advise on the specific monitoring and evaluation activities to be undertaken during the course of the programme, including quality assuring external evaluations undertaken.
- Provide input to on-going monitoring and evaluation activities where appropriate, drawing on the expert knowledge on the members of the Group.
- Assist in identifying and agreeing how some of the gaps in the reporting data can be best addressed.
- Advise and assist in the dissemination of the key results from the monitoring and evaluation activities in order to inform stakeholders of the performance of the programme.
The group consists of officials from the Scottish Government as well external stakeholders and delivery partners.
The Governance of the group is as follows:
- The results from the monitoring and evaluation activities will be reported to the Rural Development Operational Committee (RDOC) which will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the SRDP. This information will help inform recommendations by the RDOC to the Joint Programme Monitoring Committee over changes to the programme and/or the delivery of the programme.
- The Joint Programme Monitoring Committee (JPMC) will consider recommendations from the RDOC prior to issuing an opinion. The main purpose of the JPMC is to take a clear role in identifying and resolving issues which affect more than one European Structural and Investment Fund in Scotland.