The Scottish Rural Network (SRN) supports and promotes rural development through the sharing of information, ideas and good practice. It is for anyone who lives, works or has an interest in rural Scotland.
You can subscribe to the Scottish Rural Network for free to:
- Get a weekly round-up of rural news direct to your inbox
- Find out about funding opportunities
- Share your news and events with others
- Discover inspiring and innovative projects
- Connect with other people, businesses and community groups
- Transform your ideas into Scottish, UK or EU projects
The SRN is supported by a team in the Scottish Government called the Network Support Unit.
What are our aims?
The aims of the Scottish Rural Network are to:
- Increase the participation of rural communities, businesses and the wider public in policy developments that affect them
- Improve Scottish Rural Development Programme implementation
- Inform farmers, rural businesses and communities about policy and funding opportunities
- Foster innovation in agriculture, food production, forestry and rural areas
Rural networks across the UK and Europe
The Scottish Rural Network is part of a wider network of National Rural Networks across the UK and Europe.
Visit the European Network for Rural Development website for information on what’s happening across rural Europe, resources for rural development, as well as opportunities to connect with others.