What is SEARS?
SEARS stands for Scotland's Environmental and Rural Services. It is a partnership of nine public bodies who aim to co-operate and communicate with each other to provide a more efficient service for Scotland's Rural land managers.
For those of you who are rural land managers this should mean more fewer duplicated inspections and fewer requests for information.
What organisations are part of SEARS?
The following public bodies are all part of the SEARS partnership:
- Animal Health
- Cairngorms National Park Authority
- Crofters Commission
- Deer Commission for Scotland
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Authority
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- Scottish Government Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate
- Scottish Natural Heritage
What is One Door Any Door?
As part of the SEARS partnership a programme called 'One Door Any Door,' was set up. This programme allows you to call the SEARS customer service number or visit the SEARS website and request information or advice. You will then be able to speak to anyone within the SEARS partner organisations who will either give you a reply or pass on your request to the relevant organisation.
Where can you find out more?
SEARS can be contacted at:
Tel: 08452 30 20 50
You can also contact any of our area offices to receive information about our involvement.