Remit and Membership
- Advise the Scottish Government on priorities for data collection/analysis
- Comment on the Scottish Government Statistical Plan, specifically considering cross cutting issues
- Promote the use of statistics in the development of evidence-based policy
- Advise on the structure of ScotStat (the user/provider consultation network).
- Advise and comment on Committee work plans, ensuring that all relevant issues are being taken forward and that any areas of overlap are addressed
- Recommendations on data collection where gaps or inadequacies are revealed.
- Consider quality and methodological issues
- Consider and discuss issues raised by the ScotStat committees and also possibly by the UK Statistics Authority.
- Where necessary, the Board will be able to set up working groups that will report directly back to it, to examine specific issues particularly cross cutting issues (e.g. dissemination of information or social justice).
- The Board will offer advice on prioritisation of funds in order to help support its recommendations. It will have links to the UK wide user/consultation network, facilitated by the Secretariat.
|Name ||Organisation ||Representing / Role |
|Roger Halliday ||SG: Chief Statistician ||ScotStat Board Chair |
|Quality Meat Scotland ||Agriculture Committee |
|Jenny Boag ||Falkirk Council ||Population & Migration Committee |
|David Connolly ||MVA Consultancy ||Transport & Travel Committee |
|Hervey Gibson ||Cogent Strategies International Ltd ||Economic Statistics Consultation Group |
|Ed Mackey ||Scottish Natural Heritage ||Natural Environment Committee |
|Susan McVie ||Edinburgh University ||Crime & Justice Committee |
|Mary Sweetland ||Royal Statistical Society ||Royal Statistical Society |
|Simon Wakefield ||Scottish Parliament (SPICe) ||Scottish Parliament |
|Zhan McIntyre ||South Ayrshire Council ||Local Government |
|Duncan Smith ||Renfrewshire Council ||Local Government |
|Morag Walker ||South Lanarkshire Council ||Local Government |
|Fiona Hutchison ||Museum Galleries Scotland ||Cultural Sector organisations |
|Stuart Booker ||Fife Council ||Schools and education data users |
|Karen Facey ||Evidence Based Health Policy Consultant ||Health statistics users |
|Sandy Stewart ||UK Statistics Authority ||UK Statistics Authority |
If there are any issues you would like to see raised with the ScotStat Board please email email@example.com
Page updated: Monday, November 10, 2014