Meeting users' needs is at the heart of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics, and we will engage with our users on a regular basis to ensure our statistics meet what is required of them.
The production, management and dissemination of official statistics should meet the requirements of informed decision making by government, public services, business, researchers and the public. Principle 1 of the Code sets out our requirements for meeting users' needs.
Scottish Government Statisticians will:
- engage with its users of official statistics to promote trust and maximise public value;
- investigate and document the needs of our users, the use made of our statistics and the types of decisions they inform;
- adopt systematic planning arrangements;
- publish statistics to an announced timetable that takes account of our users' needs (Forthcoming Publications);
- publish information about users' experiences of statistical services, data quality, and the format and timing of reports through consultation