The Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) provides information about the levels, distribution and make-up of earnings and hours paid for employees within industries, occupations and regions.
Estimates of median gross weekly earnings for full-time employees by local authority/Scottish parliamentary constituency of residence and gender are available from Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics ( http://www.sns.gov.uk/ ).
The quickest way to view data for a single local authority is to use the Theme Report function.
- Click on Standard Reporter on the SNS homepage ( http://www.sns.gov.uk )
- Click on Theme Report
- Choose Labour Market (Local Area Profile) from the first dropdown menu
- Choose Local Authority from the second dropdown menu
- Choose your area from the third dropdown menu
- Choose Latest Data for the most recent data point only or choose Time Series for data back to 2001.
Further disaggregations are available via the Advanced Query function on Nomis ( http://www.nomisweb.co.uk/ ).
Further disaggregations are also available via the ASHE statistical bulletin and associated tables published by the Office for National Statistics:
If you are unable to find the data you require, please email the Labour Market Statistics Branch ( email@example.com ) for assistance.